NEW ON-LINE UNITS OF SOUND (VERSION 6) - FREE place on the Practitioner’s Course included with every new licence of Version 6
Units of Sound Version 6 is now available, and it’s online, which means that you just need an internet connection and a computer to get started. This is a fantastic new benefit as it means that you could show students how to use Units of Sound in school and then set independent work for homework, Units of Sound will then keep you in touch with every student’s progress.
What is Units of Sound? Units of Sound is a second chance literacy development programme suitable for Key Stage 2 through to adults, that develops reading (decoding), spelling and writing skills. Its strength lies in being skills-based rather than age-based, so that students who have not yet learnt by other methods can discover the building blocks of literacy.
What does Units of Sound offer?
• Structured, cumulative teaching for reading and spelling
• Separate placement tests for reading and spelling
• Direct teaching of decoding
• Factual reading passages to enhance fluency
• Recording to enhance phonological loop
• Real voice, not synthesized speech
• On-screen tutor to aid independent learning
• Online training for teaching staff (TAs and Teachers)
What’s new in Units of Sound Online (Version 6)?
• Online access from any computer with an internet connection
• All new design
• Windows and Mac compatible (iPads coming later)
• Reading check – scripted materials for checking reading progress
• AutoRoute – defining the sequence of lessons students can access
• Newly created dictation sentences
• Writing extension exercises linked to dictation
• Student recording extended to check words sounds
• Speedier route through keyboard activities.
Licences will be for 3 years and based on the number of students.
5 Students UOS65 £400.00 + vat
25 Students UOS625 £700.00 + vat
50 Students UOS650 £1000.00 + vat
100 Students UOSL6100 £1300.00 + vat
ADDITIONAL 76 PAGE PUPIL BOOKS FOR EACH STAGE (Units of Sound Version 4/5 pupil books are compatible with Units of Sound version 6) The pupil books contain structured passages not included in the program.
Stage 1 UB01 Basic (from cvc) £13.99
Stage 2 UB02 Functional (from blends and digraphs) £13.99
Stage 3 UB03 Independent (multi-syllable) £13.99
Please visit www.unitsofsound.com for further details. There are also details of the new Units of Sound Practitioner’s Course which will guide you through all the aspects of using Units of Sound with students.
Units of Sound Online (Version 6) Author: Walter Bramley Developed by: Dyslexia Action